Procedure Preparation Guide: Breast Augmentation & Lift
As you prepare for your breast augmentation with a lift, you probably have plenty of questions about various stages of the process. At Castellano Cosmetic Surgery Center, we’re committed to providing you with the most comprehensive information about your procedure at each step along the way. We’ve compiled a breast implant with lift preparation guide to help you from your initial consultation to your final results.
Use this guide to find answers to your questions as you prepare for your cosmetic surgery. If you find that some of your questions aren’t addressed here, contact us online or call us at (813) 872-6093.
Preparing for Your Breast Implant + Lift Consultation
Think of your initial consultation with your cosmetic surgeon as a chance to discuss your specific needs and goals for your combination breast augmentation and lift, as well as to ask any questions that you might have at this point. Make the most out of your first visit by making note of how comfortable you feel both in the waiting room and when meeting your cosmetic surgeon for the first time.
In the Waiting Room
When you arrive, ask yourself a few questions about your general first impression:
- Do you feel welcomed by the staff?
- Does the office appear to be clean and orderly?
- Was someone available and willing to answer any questions you have about paperwork or your medical history?
Meeting with Your Cosmetic Surgeon
Similarly, consider a few key aspect of your first meeting with your cosmetic surgeon to be sure that this is the right fit for you:
- Do you feel comfortable and able to openly discuss your goals with your cosmetic surgeon?
- Do you have a better understanding of your breast augmentation and lift procedure after having met your cosmetic surgeon?
- Were they able to answer your questions in a way that was easy to understand?
What to Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon
- Is a combination procedure the best choice for me?
- Do you have experience performing a breast augmentation with a lift?
- Do you have any before and after photos of similar results that you’ve achieved in the past?
- What board certifications or affiliations do you and your practice have?
2 Weeks before Your Breast Augmentation with a Lift
- Avoid using aspirin, ibuprofen and other blood-thinning medications
- Make arrangements for childcare and/or pet care for the first week after your procedure
- Arrange for another responsible adult to drive you to and from your appointment
Several Days before Getting Breast Implants with a Lift
- Prepare a relaxing recovery area and stock up on plenty of movies, magazines and other entertainment
- Grocery shop and prepare large batches of nutritious meals
- Pick up any medications prescribed by your cosmetic surgeon
- Avoid consuming alcohol at least 24 hours prior to surgery
- Don’t eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure
The Big Day
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing
- Don’t use deodorant or other fragranced lotions or perfumes
- You can brush your teeth, but don’t drink any water
- Leave all jewelry and other valuables at home
- Wear glasses rather than contacts
Breast Augmentation + Lift Recovery Tips
- Plan to take at least a week off of work and other daily duties so that you can simply rest and recover.
- For the first week of recovery, you’ll need to sleep in a reclined position. Extra pillows can help to keep you comfortably propped up.
- Cold compresses can help to reduce swelling and promote healing.
- Have stool softeners on hand to relieve constipation, a common side effect of pain medication.
- Buy a few loose-fitting, comfortable bras, as tight underwire bras may be uncomfortable at first.
After Your Combination Procedure
After the first few weeks of recovery, you should start to feel much more like yourself. However, it’s still important that you don’t overdo physical activities until you get the okay from your cosmetic surgeon, as this may lead to complications and could keep you from getting the smooth, flawless results you want. Here are a few tips to keep in mind during this in-between period:
- Some swelling and asymmetry is normal at first, so don’t be alarmed if you don’t see the results you’re looking for immediately.
- Don’t buy too many new bras just yet. Stick to a few larger, comfy ones until your implants settle into place.
- Don’t be surprised if your scarring appears to look worse before it begins to diminish. Scars can take up to 18 months to fully mature.
- It can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months for your final results to reveal themselves. Remember to be patient and give your body the time it needs to properly heal.
If you’re ready to begin your journey towards getting your breast augmentation and lift to help you look and feel your absolute best, please contact us online or call our Tampa office at (813) 872-6093. A member of our friendly, knowledgeable team would be happy to assist you in moving forward toward achieving your goals.